TinySwitch™-LT incorporates a 650 V power MOSFET, oscillator, high-voltage switched current source, current limit (user selectable) and thermal shutdown circuitry. The IC family uses an ON/OFF control scheme and offers a design flexible solution with a low system cost and extended power capability.
- 650 V rated integrated MOSFET
- Simple ON/OFF control, no loop compensation needed
- Selectable current limit through BP/M capacitor value
- Higher current limit extends peak power or, in open frame applications, maximum continuous power
- Tight I2f parameter tolerance reduces system cost; minimizes maximum overload power, reducing cost of transformer, primary clamp & secondary components
- On-time extension—extends low line regulation range/hold-up time to reduce input bulk capacitance
- Frequency jittering reduces EMI filter costs